Saturday, February 4

Giving your Heart + Fabric Flower Tutorial


This pictures show the glamour dust on her dress
and little headband.


Good Morning all,   I hope you are all keeping well and warm with this very cold spell we are having.  It's -3 just now but fortunately no snow yet.!!!!  

I've made another sweet Valentine's card, this one is for my Grandson's girlfriend and I took a lot of my inspiration from various wonderful challenge blogs.

I've used sweet Tilda with Wrapped Heart colouring her with pro & flex markers, adding some glamour dust to her pinafore and head band.  The flowers are hand made using fabric (mini tutorial below this post)  My hearts are from a Marianne Design Die and have been heat embossed using Rangers Bridal embossing powder.  The little stick pin is also hand made using various beads etc.

As I said earlier my inspiration came from the wonderful Challenge blogs that I'm entering my card into this week.  Without further ado here they are:

TOMIC Challenge:  Would like to see Valentine and Hearts this week

Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge:  Would love to see Shabby Chic/Vintage this month.

Just Magnolia & Hanglar Stanglar Challenge:  This months Special Challenge is an Anything Goes with the option of Valentine.

Creatalicious Challenge:  Would like to see some LOVE  and you have to use a Punch Border, Ribbon, Flowers and Bling.

The Pretty Little Ribbon Challenge:  Would like to see your Valentine Creations this week.

Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge:  Have an Inspirational Picture for you this month as the theme.

Thank you so much for popping in to visit, I hope you enjoyed your stay and that you can take a little inspiration from my work.

Hugs.



Recipe:
DP: K&Co + Papermania
Image: Magnolia (Tilda with wrapped heart) sweet crazy love collection 
Medium:  Pro & Flex Markers
Martha Stewart Large Border Punch: Lace Doily
Nesti:  Oval small for stamped image
Marianne Design Craftable Lace Oval CR1204 
 Marianne Design Creatable Hearts LR0159 (heat embossed with Ranger Bridal Tinsel powder)
Tag: Magnolia Doohickey die
Pin: hand made by me
Lace: Stash
Flowers: Hand Made by me (Tutorial below)
Sentiment:  Magnolia (sweet Crazy Love collection)
Extras:  Viva Decor liquid pearls, Deco art Glamour Dust.


Mini Flower Tutorial

This is the ingredients for my hand made flowers.  

I started with the 4 smallest dies from Spellbinder Build a Flower 


I used white interface material, some Tulle and Organza material and cut out 6 of each size die. this will give you enough for 3 flowers.  I doubled over my material to save time and cut them on my Big Shot.






Once you've separated your flowers all you need to do is layer them up. I started with Tulle, then interface and finally organza, largest to smallest die cuts.  I used glue dots to adhere them.  Finishing off with a Viva Decor pearl pen to create the centre.


These are my completed flowers:





33 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi how sweet is this cute Tilda image? Very lol..love the soft colour combo..gorge embellies..thank you so much for the great tute on the flowers..off to try this..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzi this whole design is breathtaking!!!!! Wow love the flowers you made absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Wow excellent work again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love your design & all your embellishments.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzi, my gosh this is the most romantic card i have ever seen. I am glad you showed us how you made this gorgeous flowers. Also the colorcombo and DP's and embellishments are so beautiful. I am totally in love with your card and i think the girlfriend of your grandson will be very happy when she received this card.
    xxxsylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Suzi~ Thank you for sharing your tutorial on those fabulous flowers.
    ~ rubber hugz ~
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi your card is so gorgeous, romantic, and vintage all my favorites. I really love how subtle you made the card and yet it just tugs at your heart. Thanks for the tutorial, always wanted to know how to make those flowers. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen!!! This card is so pretty. Love the colours and the image is so cute!
    Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzi!!!This is amazing, what a great job!! Love the soft colors and the gorgeous details. The colouring is perfect.
    Thanks a lot for the tutorial on the flowers! Love it!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Suzi...your card is gorgeous! I am NOT good with shabby chic but you make it look so effortless! And your flowers...thanks for the tutorial! Fabulous! Just breathtaking!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Suzi....so many lovely details....thanks for your tut on those fab flowers....wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Suzi!! Fabulous card, I love your embellishments, your flowers are awesome. Tilda is so cute..
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzi - this is outstanding - gorgeous. Is this Shabby Chic? I need so hard to try this - it takes your breath away!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Suzi. Every detail is so beautiful! Your coloring and all the glamour dust is fantastic. Love the hand made flowers and thanks so much for the tutorial! You make it look so easy! Thanks for entering your wonderful card into the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge...hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Suzi and beautiful flowers too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! this is really gorgeous,so much pretty detail and love this TIlda.hugs Lou.xxx
    (amazing flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Gorgeous Tilda, gorgeous embellies and gorgeous flowers!! Well, I do believe this card is GORGEOUS!! And thank you for the tut on the flowers, definitely something I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this is just gorgeous Hun,super image and love love those flowers,and all the beautiful detail hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card - thanks for the tutorial! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful Suzi! And I just love those fabric flowers. Wonderful creation!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really stunning card and a fab mini tutorial, thanks for sharing, just beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word Suzi this is such a total delight to see, the card design, the flowers, colours and Tilda are a recipe for an exceptionally beautiful creation. The flower tutorial is top notch
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Suzi!!! your card is gorgeous I love it.Thank you for sharing your
    tutorial on your gorgeous flowers
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Suzi! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe crafts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. So soft and sweet. Wildly romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Suzi... OH!!!how ROMANTIQUE... and so chic. I looooove those awesome flowers, they are superb. thankyou for the tuto! Your tilda is delightful, and so wonderfully colored. Love all the distressing you have done around your diecuts, such an interesting detail.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your beautiful card Suzi!!!!
    Thanks for the tutorial on the gorgeous flowers. I'll have to try making these.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining TOMIC challenge this week!
    Good luck!
    Love from France, Kianel & Magnolia DT.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vintage Shabby Chic shown to perfection!!! Absolutely gorgeous and love your flowers along with the pretty little Tilda!!! Beautiful work Suzi! So glad you could join us at Magnolia-licious Highlites...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous layout and beautiful details on this Tilda card Suzi. Your flower tutorial is awesome. Got to try it someday, thanks :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness!! This is so beautiful. Those flowers are to die for. How clever of you and a great tutorial too. Now to go and buys some tulle and organza. Not forgetting the interface material.
    Oh no! I don't have that Spellbinder die set. Lots of punches but I don't think it would work with punches. Anyhow I'm getting carried away.
    I love the softness of your card and your coloring is lovely.
    I give you ten out of ten.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us in Creatalicious Challenges.

    Hugs, Audhild

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh My!! This card is just stunning..and really loved your tutorial..Thank you so much for sharing :) Such a lot of lovely inspiration..I have become a follower..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx