Wednesday, March 7

Midweek Magnolias - Launch Day #1 Hello Dt Project


Wohoooo!!! we are off and running with the Launch of  our brand new challenge 


The Design Team have been so very excited behind the scenes for this our 1st challenge.   I have to say that Anne has done a fantastic job of keeping us in the loop and encouraging us with regular updates and wee memo's etc,  She is a wonderful Team Leader.  

We start our 1st challenge with the them of  HELLO!!!!   It's quite an open them but we would like to see some kind of greeting on your card/project. Do remember please that you must use a Magnolia product to be eligible for the prize which is being sent to our Random winner from Magnolia Sweden.  Ooh! I love surprises and I'm sure our winner will love it too.  We don't have many rules but one of them is that you can only combine your entry with 4 other challenge blogs making a total of 5 (including ours) We feel this is fair to our wonderful Sponsor.




This is Sweet Tilda Stamping from the special collection 2012 I've coloured her with Copics and stamped her out onto a spellbinders circular nestability.


I started with a 10" x 10" canvas that needed to be altered
I applied Winter White Acrylic paint ( quite a few layers)



Using my Memento Rich Cocoa ink I used stamping up swirls roller stamp first, then lili of the valley postcard in the corner. Large Celebrate & Friends stamp. Finishing the canvas off using Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink on the edges and sides.


I made my 8" x 8"  topper using Stampin up Friends Words roller stamp, adding Gold filigree lace, gold satin ribbon and brown gingham ribbon.  Large doily behind Tilda is a cheery lynn die from Bizzy Becs Store and is called Italian Flourish doily. 


I finished off my creation with a mixture of prima, die cut and punched  flowers which I distressed using Tim Holtz old paper, scattered straw and antique linen distress inks. then stamped with a small words sentiment, adding gold stickles a few pearls and some Marianne Designs flourishes.  The gossamer butterfly is from my stash, the gold filigree corner, stem gems spray and vintage ribbon are from Wild Orchid  Crafts.  the finishing touch is a Doohickey vintage tag.

I'm sorry my post is kinda long and with so many pictures but it was the only way I could explain how this creation came about, I don't think a Recipe of ingredients which is my normal way of listing  would have worked this time.

Anyway thank you so very much for staying with me through my explanation.  I am really looking forward to visiting you and all your lovely Magnolia creations,  please do pop over to the challenge blog and take a peek at the amazing creations my sweet DT friends have made for your inspiration this week.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  Remember to leave them some love as well.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Totally Tilda Challenge: Would like to see Die Cuts and Punches this fortnight.

It's A Magnolia Challenge: Make a card with Two colours and white
Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge:  Have a game of BINGO  this week and I chose Ribbons/bows, Glitter/Sparkle, Flowers
That Craft Place Challenge:  Have the theme of Anything Goes this week.
Lothian Crafts Online Challenge: Would like to see 2 main colours on your project this month, I've chosen Winter white and brown.
Hanna & Friends Challenge:  Would like you to make something to Hang this time. 
Marks Finest Papers Challenge:  Would like to see you recycle something this week.  (I've recycled a canvas from my Kitchen)

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge The theme this week is Trash to Treasure.

Hugs


38 comments:

  1. gorgeous card suzie.the tilda is so sweet and stunning colours and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi!!! What a beautiful creation!! Love this sweet image, the colors and every detail you did!!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie this is sooooooo gorgeous & its gonna look awesome hanging on a wall......absolutely love the colours you have used & the text....everything sweetie, its perfect!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi this is absolutely stunning !Absolutely love it ,and that large celebrations stamp is lush!
    Good luck with the new challenge blog.
    hugs Judex

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much going on here don't know where to start. Gorgeous!!!!!! Thanks for recycling with Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Beautifull Suzi ! So many gorgeous details :)). I love it.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply stunning.Suzie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my life!! I had no idea it was an altered canvas! Suzi, I'm blown away!! This is just amazing - the way you've painted and stamped the canvas is just stunning - I would love that just as that!!! Gorgeous colouring and fantastic project - you are too sweet!!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a stunning creation! Love that vintage feel and the cream colours with all those details, lovely.
    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh WOW! This is stunning! Your coloring is gorgeous and your colors are beautiful!!! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzi Q, you have outdone yourself!! Remarkable & stunning!! Simply amazing! I love the textures & flowers galore!! Great color palatte, one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo, We're off!! This is just gorgeous Suzi! I love the colours and those flowers, just wonderful!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is FABULOUS, love all the ways you did each area. So Pretty.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely gorgeous, Suzi! Your coloring is fabulous and your embellies are stunning! Beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you made a beautiful piece of art Suzi. This is extraordinary beautiful. Your flowers, colors and all the other details are gorgeous.
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, i love the colors and your choice of embellishments
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card and your attention to details are so gorgeous Suzi!!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous project Suzi! I love the vintage look. Fabulous work!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Love your colors...so pretty!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Suzi this is just SPECTACULAR!!!!! Wow outstanding work on this creation!!!!! Wow STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea! This is super cute!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Suzi, so elegant, completly gorgeous. Love this beautiful die cut, and these earthy and cream colors are fabulous. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Suzi this is fabulous!! I love, love, love the colors and the complete project. You did an amaing job!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowzer gorgeous creation, love the flowers and the palette, it's a beauty, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda! Love the new challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all of the details you put into this amazing card. That image is a must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is stunning, so much work, a joy to look at. And thank you for taking part in our challenge at that craft place x good luck and look forward to seeing more of your work in future challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your canvas looks so much more beautiful now! I love the colors and the gorgeous flower cluster. The whole thing is so pretty. Thanks for playing this week at Sugar Creek Hollow. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd never have believed this was trash to start with if you hadn't shown it! It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

    thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW.....your creation is gorgeous..love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Suzi, this is just stunning. Love everything about it. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab card, love all the flowers and details and I enjoyed reading your post, not too long at all! Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my word Suzi!!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this girl!! Your design is brilliant with all of the flourishes...and this Tilda is a "must have" for stampers!! :) TFS!!

    Thanks for your kind comments as well!! You're so sweet!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh My!!! this is Gorgeous Suzi Love the Stunning colour and detail xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Suzi, This is just gogeous!! I love everything that you have added to it, especially the beautiful flowers. And, Tilda is so cute with the beautiful doily behing her. Congratulations on Midweek Magnolias!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  35. stunning!
    thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow (-:

    ReplyDelete
  36. This project is goreous. I love the monochromatic colour that you used on it. I think is very elegant.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very elegant project, thank you for joining in with us at That Craft Place challenge blog

    AuroraDawn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx