Friday, May 25

Red White and Blue


Good morning my dears,  We are still in the midst of a heatwave here and I'm loving it.   

I was having a wee browse through blogland yesterday and came across a few challenges asking for either patriotic colours/crowns/medals etc.  Now I must be honest and admit that I don't have much in the way of these items ready made to produce anything credible.  But I did purchase 2 packets of tissues at the weekend with the Union Jack flag on them from poundland with the idea of using them for something. !!!!!  

Well here it is. I used  my TH alterations Sewing room BigZ die to cut out the mannequin and then cut it out again using my tissues which I glued onto the mannequin. It then fell apart because I forgot they were 3ply, so I had to separate them very carefully and apply only the coloured flag part.

 I then remembered that I'd won some fabulous Basic Grey inspire me stamps from Simon Says Stamp blog and I knew there was a queen and smaller sentiments within the set, along with hearts and flourishes.  The blue background paper is actually little notelets and all I've done is layered them on top of each other.  Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I did have to colour one of them with my indigo blue pro marker and the pretty lace has been coloured with pro markers ruby red and indigo blue.  I can't believe this all started with a packet of tissues. !!!!  lol

I would like to enter the following challenges please:

Sir Stampalot Challenge:  Medals & Monarchs this Month, I don't actually have a medal on my project but I think I deserve one. lol  I'm hoping this qualifies as I haven't missed a challenge yet!!!! but if it doesn't then it's fine just delete it girls.
Papertake Weekly Challenge: True Colours this week
Moving Along with The Times: Celebrations this week but not Birthdays.

Hugs to you all and I hope you have a wonderful day.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi this is beautiful and a great idea to use the tissues x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and I just love what you have done with the mannequin.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very creative of you to start with a pack of tissues and end up with this beautiful card! thank you for playing along with our london celebrates theme this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really brilliant Suzi....amazing!!!
    Enjoy your heatwave...we have it too....just returned from the beach!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Suzi.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so nice idea for the tissues, superb ! Love your card, superb design !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is super, what a great card, Thanks for playing on our Celebration Challenge on MAWTT this week, and the Patriotic one on Papertake Weekly, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. So many little details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzi, Love this, and all with a pk of tissues as you say :) You are clever.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant make Suzi, perfect for our challenge! I remember using tissues like that on boxes ect but never tried it on die cuts. Love the effect. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this Suzi, you know how I like my fashion! Great to see you at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so very clever Suzi

    hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project and so creative! Love that mannequin die!
    So glad you shared with us at penny black and more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who would have thought a packet of tissues would turn into this? Great project - Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly Challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say Suzi, it's just fabulous and so inspirational. And of course it fits both themes perfectly.

    Thanks so much for joining our Medals and Monarchs theme at Stampalot and London Celebrations at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and a good use of the tissues. Thank you for joining in the fun at {Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card for our challenge at Sir Stampalot. A brilliant idea! Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx