Friday, August 10

Vintage style Tag




Hello All,   Another lovely sunny day here in Scotland and the start of another weekend.  I'm hoping that the weather last for at least a few more day.

I wanted to try something a little different from my normal style, last year the lovely Linda Coughlin also known as The Funkie Junkie sent me a beautiful hand made tag which I often look at and admire. So I thought I would take my inspiration from Linda's gorgeous work.  

I started with a cardboard box, I  cut out two pieces and took the top layer off one of them so that I was left with the corrugated sheet.  I painted them with white Acrylic paint.  

I knew the stamps I wanted to use as they were part of my Dt kit from Marianne Designs, as was the gorgeous 2 washi tapes I've used, the silhouette head and the bicycles.  I will put a full list of ingredients at the bottom of my post.

Everything was distressed with Tim Holtz distress inks brushed corduroy, tattered rose and tea dye. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this tag,  it's always nice to try something different occasionally .

Challenges Entered:

Simon Says Stamp and Show:  Would like us to Paint it up.

Simon Says Stamps:   Are having a game of Bingo,  I've chosen Ribbon/Free/Blooms

The Sisterhood of Crafters:  Have the theme "Tag you're it"

Loves Rubber Stamps:  Are playing Bingo This time and I've chosen the line Monochromatic/Ribbon or Twine/Punches or die cuts.







Items Used 

Available Here



16 comments:

  1. WOW! I think you did an amazing job on this collage tag! Gorgeous vintage flair ... well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘TAG YOU’RE IT’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to go outside of the norm once in a while and with such wonderful results! I love these tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat Suzi! I love all the layers and textures! I am always in awe of those who can create tags with so much detail on such a small scale. Thank you so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Suzi.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What a stunner! This is just gorgeous. Dar's right - gorgeous vintage flair! Thanks so much for playing along with our Tag You're It Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so beautiful suzi.stunning vintage design and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Suzi this is just plain awesome, wow, fantastic work.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so beautiful! I love it. The colors and textures and design is fabulous and it fits so many challenges, bravo! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzi! Your vintage tag is beautiful! If you're getting some inspiration from Linda Coughlin, you're really being inspired! She does magnificent work and she's such a lady! :) Your tag has a wonderful vintage feel to it. I love the stamps you've used. Love the painted white background. Just a beautiful job. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that paper tape and your ticket stamps are awesome, beautiful tag Suzi, very vintage
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing tag, a lot to see!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a really awesome tag! Love the details, thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow hun this is so different for you but still as gorgeous as always, and with so many fabulous different things to look at, I love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this vintage beauty. Really beautiful and well done. All the elements are just so fun!
    Thanks for playing along with our tag challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters. We look forward to seeing your craftiness in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Suzi, this card us absolutely stunning!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely stunning, love all the details thanks for playing bingo at Loves Rubberstamps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx