Thursday, September 6

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Stamptember Blog Hop !!



This is the beginning of my memories book and it all started with a Blog Hop over at Simon Says Stamp & Show

Good morning my dears,  Well I've had a lot of fun over the past couple of days.  My craft room is in chaos, my fingers are black brown and blue,  no I didn't have an accident lol,  it's staining from getting very messy with inks, paints etc.  but do you know what!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Over at Simon Says Stamp and Show blog they had a jaw dropping gorgeous Blog hop for their Stamptember month long celebration of Stamping.  You really need to go see the work of the DT members every one of their creations is stunning.

Anyway I took my inspiration from visiting the Dt's blogs and this is what I came up with.  You can see from the above picture that I started out with a bare chipboard 6x6 book and my imagination. I've only completed the front cover and one page,  but I've been busy creating tags, flowers, my little bird and it's cage etc for the other pages which will hopefully be completed soon.


Front cover was painted with white acrylic paint then distressed with TH brushed corduroy ink.
I've  used a resist technique on the little tag inside a home made little brown envelope which has been painted and stamped on using a Marianne Design sentiment.  The fly away sentiment on the jigsaw piece is from Prima's Rondelle collection and the Memories sentiment is from my wooden stamp stash




The 1st page of my memory book using Tim Holtz Vintage shabby paper, a little chipboard frame which I sanded down and repainted then using Prima's Romance Novel Stamps.  The Ticket is another Marianne Designs stamp and the perfect day stamp is a wooden one from my stash.  The Picture I've used was taken on a trip to Singapore in 1986 (Yikes!!!)


Here is my front and inside page to give you an idea of how it will look.  I am going to add clear acetate to the inside of the front cover.  

I will pop some pics on when my wee book is finally finished but don't hold your breath,  lol  it may take a while. 

I would like to enter this into Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge the theme is Stamping "Read All About It"

Hugs

3 comments:

  1. oh this,looks,great Hun,love what you have created so far,love the photo,and embellishments,hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Suzi.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I'm so glad you were inspired by the hop - I adore your creation! Wow - so much detail, such a beautiful project. Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx