Monday, August 12

Something A little Different!!!!!





Well!!! what can I say!   This was way out of my comfort zone but I was so intrigued by the challenge Jane lay down over at 


I just had to have a pop at it.  

Jane's challenge is simple (not) lol,  Black and White,  now this is where my problem started.

  I don't have any grey or black copics/promarkers/flex markers etc.  All I have is a black Derwent pencil, but of course as soon as you touch the pencil with a paper stump and sansodor oil it blends out to a grey, but it doesn't really matter because I enjoyed the challenge, I had to think outside the box, so thank you Jane. I did use a dark terracotta with the black on Tilda's cheeks.  

Papers are Prima from the Engraver collection, the trim and flower is hand made by me using some left over linen material from a pair of curtains.  The lovely bling trim is from thatcraftplace.co.uk  and my sentiment is from whimsy stamps. 

Other challenges Entered:


Hugs


16 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous card even if it was outside your comfort zone it's brilliant. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, you have done a great job! Love it,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Suzi. You did a brilliant job with you pencils.
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I agree Jaynes' card was fantastic and I would just love to be able to colour like that! Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pretty flower and trim, the black and white is very effective
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic different card Suzi,
    super
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fascinating, only one pencil and look at the results, truly brilliant. Looks like an old photo just like Janes.
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Suzi! ❤
    Wow! This is absolutely fabby! Love your take on B&W -it wasn't easy I agree but you did a fantastic job - it's marvellous ❤
    Biggest of hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Suzi, I don't think that I am going to enter the challenge, completely out of my comfort zone too!!!! Nice to see that you use the LOS technique too, which is absolute favourite. Stunning wedding card below too! Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mono look Suzi!! And that huge flower is fabulous!! :)

    Hugs
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzi this is gorgeous! The embellishments are too cute! Gorgeous paper and I love that sentiment! You did a fabulous job! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking card! Love the directors board with the sentiment and the flower is beautiful. Your coloring is awesome!!!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card

    thanks for joining us at That Craft Place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wow wow absolutely gorgeous stunning card, I can't believe you only used a pencil, the shading and blending is awesome. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So different but so pretty! The shading is beautifully done! Very pretty card! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx