Tuesday, February 18

Magnolia-licious Challenge DT Pretty in Pink



Good morning my dears,  I hope your week is off to a flyer.  I'm here to share my make for our challenge over at 


You still have lots of time to come join us for our
Pretty in Pink challenge, and I thought this sweet Dancing with the stars Tilda from the Little Christmas Collection 2012 still available over at Magnolia-licious would be ideal for my sweet stick pin cushion (majority of pins made by me) gift set. 


 You can see in the pics below that I made the pin cushion from just A4 300gm white card.  I found some glass pebble things I bought and put away thinking they would come in handy!! well 3years later they did. 
I used them for the feet and glued a few inside to add weight and make the pin cushion base more stable. 


I think the pictures tell you the story of how to make the base. The cushion itself is just some polyester filling made into a ball and first wrapped in a piece of cotton (square from a pillow case) and then some pretty lace added over the top.


I hope you're still with me and not gotten bored with all the pics (sorry!!) but it was the only way I could show you from start to finish.

Anyway!! back to our challenge.  As always our fabulous Diana is our sponsor and she will be sending a lovely Surprise package to our lucky Random drawn winner. So what are you waiting for get those sensation Pink creations over to the blog and maybe you could be the winner.



I've popped a list of ingredients at the bottom of my post with links where possible. The stick pins were hand made, the feathers and large piece of lace were from my stash as was the chipboard sentiment. 

Have a wonderful day and week everyone.

Hugs

Challenges Entered:

Fashionista Challenge:  Shabby Chic 
Time for a Magnolia Challenge:  Tilda Only - Edwin not allowed
Hanna & Friends Challenge:  Bingo (Pearls/Dies/Flowers)
Bastel-traum Challenge:  Gifts/boxes
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything Goes
Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia:  Love or Hearts (I've used an air dry clay heart on my pin cushion) 
Stampin' for the Weekend: Flower Power
Dutch Magnolia Lovers:  Anything Goes 




24 comments:

  1. Suzi
    thanks for tutorial
    (recicling and creating)
    gorgeous project with fantastic card in pink
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tutorial! And I love your pins! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi beautiful card love the design. Also a fantastic tutorial will have to have a go with this. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and a useful tutorial too, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the card and pin cushion are gorgeous!! Great tutorial too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Suzi this is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE your beautiful stick pins...thanks for the wonderful tutorial...FANTASTIC idea!! Of course your Tilda is just PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous project. absolutely gorgeous! The tutorial for the pin cushion is wonderful and it looks so pretty with all the beaded pins in it. Smashing project! Hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous gift set! Your card is beautiful and also the pin cushion. Great tutorial too!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Suzi!!
    Your card is so perfectly pretty, and always embellished so beautifully.
    Love your pins, and thank you for sharing the tutorial.

    Big hugs to you
    Love Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, Suzi!!! Beautiful card and the pin cushion is adorable. I can tell you spent a lot of time on this stunning project.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, this set would be a treasured gift indeed, very lovely. Your pins are stunning. Great tutorial too.
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous project! Beautiful card and pin cushion!!!! Love them both! Thanks so much for sharing how you made it! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzi, What a gorgeous card and matching stickpin holder! Thank you for the tutorial on how to make the holder!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your project is amazing! I love all those fabulous pins.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card and I love the pin cushion too, so very elegant, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, a very cute shabby card, love all the details and your beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Magnolia and More Challenge this time!

    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Love this so much! Thanks for sharing at TFMC. Hugs Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both your card and pin cushion are gorgeous! The pins are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow....beautiful project!
    Thanks for entering our DML Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, how cute is that!?! Thanks for sharing this with bastel-traum.ch, Hux tom

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Suzi!
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionista. Hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzi, What for a great idea you have. I LOVE it... I LOVE sewing too... THANKS for share your wonderful work by bastel-traum.ch... good luck:) Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete
  23. ....and the winner is... Please visit our blog the winner are selected! Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx