Saturday, July 19

Altered/recycled/Up-cycled Tin









Hello my dears,  what a miserable day it's been today, rain, rain and more rain!!! oh well I suppose it could be worse!! it could be blowing a gale as well. lol

I'm here to share a project that I made just for me,  I belong to a Scrapbook class/club that my Daughter and I attend regularly and our challenge for the next meeting is to decorate a can/tin after we have thrown it in the dishwasher.  Well as I don't have a dishwasher (well I do really) his name is John!! my dear hubby.  But my Daughter has one so she kindly threw 3 tins in for me, this is one of them.  Altered to sit on my desk and hold some tools that I use a lot.

I used some pretty wallpaper to decorate the outside and inside, I then coloured up this adorable Besties image called Tickles/Butterfly Kisses.  She has been coloured using my Flex markers and Derwent pencils for shading.  

The little pearl dots are a selection of some paper pearl pens that I bought a long time ago and just recently found them!!!  think I need some practise but they are bright and suit this cute image.

That's about it from me for today,  I'll be back soon though as I'm in the middle of creating another mini album, so I'll be showing that to you real soon.  Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend.

Hugs

Challenges Entered:

My Besties UK Challenge:  The theme is Pearls and Lace 
Fairy Tale Challenge:  Use a Digital Stamp/Image.
Crafty Girls Challenge:  Anything Goes 
Redd's Creative Spirit Challenge: Anything Goes must be altered Art only.
The Sailing Pineapple Challenge:  Anything but a card
Cutie Pie Challenge:  Use a cute Digi
Fitztown Challenge:  Alter something 
My Craft Spot Challenge:  Anything but a card
My Besties Dutch Girls Design Challenge:  Are celebrating there 1st Anniversary and would like to see anything but a card.





26 comments:

  1. Wow, Suzi! This is beautiful! I love the colors and all the little details. Be sure to check out the Creative Team Call at Fitztown. Hope you’ll take the time to apply or share the information with a crafty friend. Fitztown is taking applications through August 1st. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB CT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi this is just such a super cute and fun upcycled project. Just adore the girly pastel colours and the tiny butterflies.
    {I would love you to take part in my 900 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous altered tin you've made Suzi, the papers are lovely,and the butterfly's so pretty, a lovey project.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Suzi. Love the adorable image and such a fabulous design. Love the lace.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovely just love your colours - so glad you could join us at UK Besties - Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely gorgeous, I love the fun colors. Thanks for joining us at The Sailing Pineapple :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that, just gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Challenge.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely idea thanks for joining us at besties UK - Carol UK DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzi, I have seen this on facebook. It is amazing. I really love it! What a great idea! Thank you for joining My Besties Dutch Girls Designs. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable! The lace is exquisite. Thanks for joining us at Miriam's Crafting Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recycling - so sweet!! Thanks for joining us at The Sailing Pineapple this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo liebe Suzi,
    eine wunderschöne Konservendose hast du gestaltet. Ich bin begeistert von dem Motiv und auch von deiner wunderschönen Coloration. Es gibt so viele Details zu entdecken. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! Suzi this is adorable, what a beautiful "can", love everything about it.

    My dishwasher is called "Hubby" too, must be a very good make - it's very popular. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this is just so bright and cheery, a wonderful project.

    Thank for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedds Creative Spirt.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie, this is so pretty Suzi, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an inspiring and beautiful transformation! Wow! The sweet image makes me smile and I love how you've surrounded her in bright butterflies and flowers. The lace is such a soft and lovely touch. Wonderfully designed project, Suzi! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzi, das ist ein tolles Werk von dir, ich bin ganz begeistert, schön dass du an der My Bestie Challenge Deutschland mitmachst
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! DARLING!!! What adorable coloring!!! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzi your work in beautiful. I love the colours and all the little details of your card. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown. Hope to see you again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Suzi, I like the image and the design, Thanks for joining in with us at Besties Uk Challenge Good luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a fabulous creation! I love the gorgeous colours you've used and the butterflies look so pretty.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzi! What a pretty altered tin, love your cheery colours and lovely colouring on the MB image, great to see you here at My Besties Deutschland, please come back soon,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so cute pretty colours & image.

    Thanks for playing with us at fitztown today

    Tracey CT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely creation!

    Thanks for playing along with us at MBDGD!

    Hugs, Nicolette (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Suzie ,nice to meet you and your lovely cards.A very cute image and a fab colouring,a stunning design .Thank you so much for entering our challenge at My -Besties German Design challenge!
    Good Luck!
    Hugs Artesania DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally adorable!
    So glad you joined us in the current My-Besties Deutschland
    Design Challenge!
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx