Tuesday, August 5

Serviette Anyone!!!! + Candy Winner





Good morning my dears,  I wanted to share my first attempt at decoupage using paper serviettes.  I did a lot of research on Youtube  for tutorials on how to make my own glue and the actual technique of achieving a reasonable finish.  Hey presto here is my finished projects. 

They were such fun to do (a little time consuming) but as a retiree It's something I have plenty of.  lol.

I won't go into minute details otherwise we will be here for a long time.   If you fancy a try, just type in Decoupage using paper serviette.  You will have lots of videos to choose from.

I started out decorating my MDF 12x12 paper stack holders, but I had some glue and serviettes left over so tackled a few other 
bits n bobs.



Side view of the unit, I ripped the serviette and added the pieces where I wanted, thought this gave it a shabby chic look. 




I then moved on to a very plain plastic picture frame.


I much preferhow it looks now
Think I'll fill this with Tilda's. 



Last but not least - A pretty little MDF basket 
    This was my first decoupage project along with the sweet little gift box.  I then moved on to the larger ones above.

 
A much prettier basket and a small box that a friend gave me when we were away at our annual weekend crop 


Thank you for visiting and taking the time to read my post and look at my creations.  

I had some CANDY to give away to celebrate Totally Tilda's 100th challenge and my return as a DT member and without further ado
the winner that was chosen using Mr Random Hubby was


if you would email me please Rebecca with your snail mail addy I'll get your goodies in the post.

Hugs 


11 comments:

  1. WOWSER these look amazing, so gorgeous and very well done. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Suzi. I think I need to get some nice serviiettes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Suzi these are stunning projects. The serviette pattern is so beautiful with a lovely Victorian feel.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi. These are lovely. I think I need to find some serviettes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Suzi these projects are Sooo pretty think I need to have a go..thanks for the inspiration..

    smiles mummy Tildarette xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY NICE WOULD WALL PAPER THE HOUSE WITH THIS PATTERN PAPER. FAB PROJECTS TOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...these are all so beautiful Suzi!! It looks like you had lots of fun too!!! You actually made your own glue??!!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgosh Suzi, these all look amazing, you've achieved a fabulous shabby chic look, love everything xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These serviettes are stunning and your projects turned out beautifully, nice work Suzi
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Suzi ... I don't see how you did it but every piece is just incredible & what a beautiful look to have in your craft room. How in the world did you get such perfect cuts in that frame. Yes I can picture many sweet little Tildas sitting in there.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx